Help corvette trouble

My 1960 Austin Healey Sprite Mk1 with skinny 13 inch bias ply tires and 45hp was the most fun I have had at 45mph. I did some Gymkhana (Solo) racing. I killed 2 or 3 cones but learned over-steer, under-steer, and 4 wheel drifts at less than lethal speeds.

6 Likes

Airplane pilots like Corvette owners like to make sure everyone knows they are one.

1 Like

I wonder if the OP is receiving an E mail for each valuable response to his Corvette problem?

i had a 914 2.0. It wasn’t the prettiest car around, and it wasn’t the quickest, but wow, it was fun to drive. The faster i went, the the better my control seemed to be.

Yeah, but if you can afford one of those things your daily driver’s probably a Veyron. Or a Gulfstream.

One of those engines - just the engine, not the car - was on BAT last month, went to a quarter mil high bid and still didn’t meet the reserve.

1 Like

There is a German company making reproductions of the entire engine. It costs around $150,000! There are owners of 550’s, 718’s and 356’s that would like to drive them but do not want to risk the extremely valuable engine.

Plus some that are building very high end replica cars that would like the engine.

The complete cars are million to multi million dollar cars these days because Porsche was quite small and did not make many cars in those days.

So Veyron for sure. You mention a Bugatti… the marque was revived by VW Audi chairman Ferdinand Piech, Dr. Porsche’s grandson.

1 Like