Heater Controls 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE

When I select the “dash/floor” setting I get air to both the dash and to the floor. There seems to be more air going to the dash than the floor, however.

When I switch to the “dash only” setting the air to the floor is shut off and the volume of air to the dash is significantly increased.

When I select the “defrost/floor” setting I get air to both the defrost and to the floor. There seems to be more air going to the defrost than the floor, however.

When I switch to the “floor only” setting the air to the defrost is not shut off (or even lessened) and the volume of air to the floor is not increased.

Therefore, I do not have an operational “floor only” setting. If I can have an operational “dash only” setting, why can’t I have an operational “floor only” setting?

I understand the rationale for seepage to the defrost for moisture control, but shouldn’t it be the same for both the “dash only” and the “floor only” settings? There is currently an enormous difference between the two.

When it gets cold out I want the maximum volume of heated air to go to the floor. I cannot get this because so much air is going to the defrost on the “floor only” setting. The same amount as when I’m using the “defrost/floor” setting. There should be a significant difference between these two settings. The dealer says this is a design problem.

I hope I have been clear in describing the issue. Your help in resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to close all of the dash vents completely?
If it is, then the no-cost solution to your problem is to set the HVAC system to dash/floor, and simply close the dash vents.

Voila!
All of the heated air is directed to the floor.

I would drine a used 2010 at the dealer. If that one works ok show it to your deaker and tekk him to fix yours.

^
Since this car is now likely to be out of warranty, the dealership’s bill to repair this problem could be…staggering.