Hazard lights won't work unless the turn signal (left or right) is switched on at the same time

I have a chevrolet optra 2007 and the hazard lights won’t work unless the turn signal (left or right) is switched on at the same time. Turn signals work perfectly fine.

When things start to go wonky with the vehicle lights on GM products…it usually means that the multifunction switch is failing.

thank you for your response missileman. Is it possible that the relay switch is defective?

You could check the fuses It’s possible one is going bad… But @missileman post sounds about right.

Make sure the connector going to the flasher switch is making good connection. It sounds like the connection between the switch and flasher module that turns on the module has a problem. So when the turn signals are used then the module activates and the flashers work. The switch connection could be making a power or possibly a ground connection to turn the module on.

“You could check the fuses It’s possible one is going bad.”

Huh?
A fuse is either “good” or it has blown.
There is no in-between.

@VDCdriver I would have said I agree but I pulled a fuse in my car that was for the window switches and it was still good… Or appeared that way, either way I switched it and the window switch is working now… At first I thought that the plug had disconnected but that wasn’t the case… Strange things can happen. Or maybe there’s just a short somewhere ?

It isn’t a short, as I stated earlier, it is a bad connection causing the trouble.