Have you seen the Jeep wave?

I get waves all the time in my orange Hyundai Veloster. Not modified. It is either the Veloster owners or the Subaru WRX drivers, never from FRS/BRZ drivers for whatever reason.

If I see a P1800, I’ll wave.

1 Like

Me too on the P1800 wave!
Coolest Volvo ever. Maybe The Saint had a little to do with that

1 Like

I didn’t keep it long enough to discover that feature. As I remember the horn was on a stalk on the left hand side of the steering column. Press in to toot the horn. I think you turned it for the head lights. The French had odd ideas. The only think I truly liked was what it shared with Corvettes, two tops, removable hard top and a soft top. Frame broke from rust, dealership allowed me to select another vehicle from their lot, got one of my favorite cars, my ‘59 Pontiac hardtop. All that was over 50 years ago.

Yes, that is my recollection also, but I don’t recall how the driver changed from one horn tone to the other.

talking about horns. I have a model A truck Aahuuga horn. it has a manual handle that you push down on. it came off my grandfathers truck way back in the day. my dad and his brothers use to play with it on the 4th of july when they were kids. still works like new. I was thinking of maybe finding a model A club and donating it to someone.

My Morris Minor would honk to warn pedestrians automatically on a right hand turn-until I pulled the steering wheel off and found the short.

Yes, my dad had aNash like that.

My first car was an 82 Pontiac Grand Prix that did the same. I just pulled the wire off that went to the horn. Hey, I was 16. Safety? What’s safety? The cruise control wouldn’t turn off when mashing the brake, either. I quit using cruise control in that car.

Same thing in my neighborhood in Big City central Maryland. Hey, we’re all friendly!

A marvelous safety feature for those times! Too bad that it wasn’t actually supposed to be a feature of that model.
:wink:

1 Like

My '71 Charger was–overall–a very reliable car. However the “door open” warning chime used the same relay as the horn. I found this out the hard way when I had the doors open for an extended period of time while unloading groceries, or cargo, or something, and the horn started blaring because the relay was overloaded
 or something.
Because I had the factory service manual, I was able to identify and pull that relay, and I then sawed the contacts for the “door open” function off of the relay.
Voila!
I was then able to use the horn without any problem, even though the door open warning was now dead.

Bikers have a wave of sorts and it’s seen a LOT around bike ralleys like Sturgis, Daytona, and Laconia.

An oncoming biker will stick his left arm out straight with the palm flat and facing down. He, or she, will make a patting motion several times. That means “Hold it down. Cops ahead”.

That is the same thing truckers used to do before CB radios

We did the low slow hand wave on our neck of the woods. palm down