Goodyear Viva 2 Vs, Falken Ziex ZE-912 Tires

I have used Michellin but now given that I only drive about 3k/yr, I am considering the tires above.

Any comments or recommendations?

I found Falken tends to wear out quicker - in my case, I am not going to be racing. I picked the 912 since it has better published Mileage Warranty compared to 512 - 40k vs 65k. Shop says 512s are quieter than 912s.

Try looking at tirerack.com for their reviews and user reviews.

Goodyear Viva 2’s are sold only at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. That should tell you something.

And what car are these tires being installed on?

When I bought my Boxster, it came with the Ziex 912 tires on it.
I actually like the tires. Good traction in dry, rain, and even snow.
Not too loud, but its a convertible, so who cares?

I wouldn’t compare a Viva 2 directly against a Ziex 912.
Not even remotely the same use applications.
Ziex is a performance tire, Viva is a POS Walmart cheapo tire.

BC.

Integra, 1987 with 150k miles!

That thing STILL running? :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, from tirerack.com, I had the Michelin Pilot Exaltos on my old Civic and they were pretty good tires.

I dont know about the specific Falken tire you mention but let me just say this about my experience with Falken tires. Customer bought 4 Falkens for his truck ,mounted and balanced them he was unhappy because of vibration so I remove them and perform a road force balance on them= 1 had excessive road force and 2 were marginal in the end i went through 4 sets thats 16 tires to get him 4 he was satisfied with,granted he was a little bit pickier than your average bear but it is his money he has a right to be. After that experience I personally would not own a set of Falken anything. Just sayin’.

I would not put either tire on my car but if I had to choose between the two, the Falken wins hands down.

Tire dealers in my area often have buy 3 get 1 free deals on Yokohama, Pirelli, or Goodyear Integrity–all of which are better overall.