Gas Pedal issues

I have a 95 GMC Vandura 2500 with 91000 miles. Yesterday, I got in my truck in the morning (engine was cold) and started it up. It started up fine and backed out of the driveway fine, but when I put it in drive and pressed on the gas, it was unresponsive. I kept trying the gas and it eventually worked. I kept driving, and it happened a couple more times when I would push on the gas and nothing would happen, and then it would kick in. When the engine warmed up, it seemed to happen less. I need to get this fixed because I’m trying to sell the truck. Any suggestions?

When it was “unresponsive”, do you mean that the engine failed to rev?
Or, do you mean that the engine did rev, but the truck did not move right away?
If it is the latter situation, the first thing to do is to check the transmission fluid.

Please post back with clarification.

I am trying to add transmission fluid, but i’m not sure where to add it. There’s a red thing that says “trans fill” on it, but it doesn’t seem to come out. There is also a can-shaped thing towards the right of the engine that says “use approved fluid”, but doesn’t say transmission on it. I don’t want to put it in the wrong place. I see a place for oil, brake fluid, coolant, and wiper fluid, so I’m assuming this last input must be transmission. Am i right?

Whoa whoa whoa. If you don’t know where to add it then you probably don’t know that usually it needs to be up to operating temperature and the engine idling when you check the level. You only add a pint at a time if it is at the add mark. Best check your owner’s manual on it or just stop at a shop and ask them to check the fluid. The can like device I’m sure is the power steering and takes power steering fluid. There should be a dipstick for trans. too.

Thanks. Will do. I have a good mind for woodworking, not so much for mechanical work.

Cstock–In addition to showing you where the trans dipstick is located, and how to check the trans fluid, your Owner’s Manual will list the type of fluid that your trans calls for.

Being a GM product, it is most likely uses one of the various Dexron fluids. If you use the wrong fluid, your problems will only increase, so be sure to check this detail.

Refer to your Owner’s Manual!

When you said the van was unresponsive to the accelerator, I take it to mean the engine does not respond… I think you are barking up the wrong tree, suspecting the transmission.

READ THE OWNERS MANUEL!!!

+1 with all ^those guys.
RT*M.