Fuel Filter

I am working on a 1999 Mazda B3000 pickup. I am trying to change the fuel filter but can not get the rear connection to release. I have some little tools that is suppose to release fuel lines but I can not get it to work either. Thanks DonO

One of those quick-release fittings? I never could get them to release either. I simply cut of the hose and replaced with a standard clamp and new hose. Try that if all else fails…

You don’t really want to just use a clamped line on a fuel-injected car. I mean, it CAN hold, and the high pressure fuel line is less likely to contort and leak like a standard rubber hose, but still, you’re talking 30 - 40 psi through there and something as vital as fuel… ???

A spring-lock connection is pretty simple but can be a royal pain. Insert the little tool and try twisting it around the circumference of the connector a few times as you gently try to pull off the line. It’ll come, you just have to keep at it. Once you get the feel of the technique, you’ll be able to do it in 10 seconds.