Fuel Economy Screen

This video seems to cover almost everything. I’m betting it’s been disabled through the menu options. You can see how to enable it for display and select it here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ivhmlLqtKw

Thanks, great video, but I’ve been through everything in the video and Fuel Economy just isn’t an option. It is not where it is supposed to be according to what I’ve tried and what the video shows. Somehow it just got left out. Can’t wait to see what the dealer has to say or do on Thursday.

So, the dealer had no clue. Next step is to contact Nissan directly.

Does the dealer have a model like yours with the same options ? And does it have the read outs that you seem to be missing.

To be honest, the dealer and sales and service staff didn’t seem all that interested in finding a solution. So, I have written to Nissan directly.

It’s possible that software hasn’t been installed in the car’s computer memory yet. Either b/c it wasn’t available at the time the car was manufactured, or there was a slip up in the software configuration process. I’ve seen both of those problems happen here in Silicon Valley, even at firms w/ top-notch engineering and software organizations. The customers call and say they keep pushing the buttons according to the user’s manual instruction, but the expected displays never appear. Ooops, another call to field service to schedule a customer software update … lol … .

That’s surprising given they usually are quite concerned about getting a bad customer survey sent back to the manufacturer. Did you get an opportunity for completing a satisfaction survey from Nissan regarding your purchase experience yet? I’d be mentioning their lack of support when Nissan corporate contacts you…good luck!

Without really knowing that much, i’m guessing that the suggestion regarding a slip up in software configuration is the problem. If indeed that is the case, i’m a bit worried about the potential fix or solution.

Why are you worried ? That is not a big deal . Is there not another dealer you can go to ? I still think you need to look at a vehicle like yours .

I’m still curious about this issue. If you’re on the home display and you push the right arrow button, it should scroll through the various display screens. Can you display the trip mileage screen? I think the next one is supposed to be the fuel economy screen, is it?

Home screen-
Capture

Capture1

Capture2

Capture3

This is the screen you’d like to display, right?

You are spot on. Fuel economy screen should be exactly where you indicated, but it isn’t there. It is where it is supposed to be on my wife’s car which is also a 2019 Rogue SV.
Any thoughts on why it’s not there and how to get it back?

Thanks

Bill Luftig

Is it enabled via the settings menu?
Capture

Capture1

Now scroll down to the fuel economy option and make sure it is checked-
Capture3

Again, you would be right, except the screen to place the check is not there.
Any idea on how to restore it?

Bill Luftig

Bill, there are now 34 posts on this thread . You have never said if there is another dealer near you to ask for help. Your manual has contact numbers and there should phone numbers you can call . And no you don’t want to try and do a restore or have anyone but the dealer try to fix this because of your warranty. Some how this does not seem to be something that can be solved over the web. But when you do get if fixed post what was done.

I’m beginning to think that this feature is not an option on his car.

Not all cars have all the features in the manual (If So Equipped)

1 Like

Bill,

At this point, you could try the factory reset that is offered in the settings menu. It wouldn’t be available to the consumer if it wasn’t meant to be used by consumer. It’ll put all user selectable settings back to default.

I can’t imagine having the fuel economy display as a trim level feature. They are fairly ubiquitous these days. But it’s certainly a possibility. Hopefully the manufacturer will respond to your inquiry. They will be the definitive authority…

I did try the factory reset-no luck. And I have presented the problem to Nissan directly.
I agree that this feature should be a basic one included in all cars.

Thanks for your interest and suggestions.

Bill Luftig

You may be right Bill, and it is a software problem, but if you can grab a 14 year old to give it a try, I’d do that. You know the kind with a phone.

4 Likes

Right from online manual:

Main Menu Selection

The items that display can be enabled/disabled when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position. To change the items that display.

Use the button to select and the ENTER button to change a menu item:

• Trip Computer – For additional information, refer to “Trip Computer” in this section.
  • Range
  • Average Speed
  • Fuel Economy
  • Navigation (if so equipped)
  • Audio/Satellite Radio (if so equipped)
  • Driving Aids (if so equipped)
  • Tire Pressures
  • Chassis Control
  • Warning Confirmation

The optional features are well defined. Fuel economy looks to be standard option.

OP Bill, you’ve done all the right stuff. I fully concur, contacting the manufacturer directly is the next step. If you get no joy that way, write a snail-mail letter to the CEO. I expect this is just a minor snafu and will be easily resolved.