Freek accident

I don’t want to be a word patrolman but I thought this discussion would end long ago. Maybe just for a few of us, “freek” could be changed to “freak”, if this is going to keep on going.

@bing and @VDCdriver. Two peas in a pod.

… and yet, I was not the one who commented on the OP’s… creative… spelling.
:thinking:

Hey, give em a brake. :blush:

4 Likes

I don’t consider the incident I mentioned as being fraud. I never saw a doctor, clinic, or hospital. It was only insinuated that I was considering it because of back pain and headaches.
The only thing I asked for originally was to replace my car. If I were going to commit fraud then I would have claimed whiplash and back injuries from the get-go; and that collision impact was brutal to say the least. Two cars became a total (one of them mine) another heavily damaged, and 8 people to the hospital; 2 for severe cuts and the others to be checked out. Only me, my buddy with me, and one other driver refused treatment.

Hartford not only tried to screw me over for a measly 700 dollars but became downright rude and crude during the 3rd visit; and I kept my temper under control and stayed courteous. “You have 2 choices; take it or go away” were his words with a heavy snotty and condescending tone during the 3rd visit. At that point the gloves came off and the Hartford guy was told what to do with his offer. His words as I turned to leave were “Yeah, whatever”.

Anything I did to resolve this was done under advice of counsel and the Hartford guy didn’t even have the guts to face me after agreeing over the phone to what I asked for. Just left a check for his secretary and headed out to his “family emergency”.

If they had treated me fairly from the start this incident would not have gotten as volatile and gone on for as long as it did.

In another accident years later I had a large amount of medical bills. Fault was with the other driver. I asked only for my actual medical bills (no pain and suffering) and car replacement. Her insurance carrier refused to pay a dime of my medical so I ended up having to bring a lawsuit to get it.
Those are a couple of reasons why I consider insurance companies to be low-lifes.

7 Likes

His turn. You get the next one. :wink:

I don’t want to get picky or anything but shouldn’t that be “give 'em a brake”? Jus’ askin’ for a friend.

I thought that I would update this thread with a just-published news article on insurance fraud.
Please take note of the potential penalties for insurance fraud:

2 Likes

Just asking for a friend but if you have a virtual plea hearing, do you need a virtual lawyer? And would you go to a virtual jail and pay the fine with a virtual check? It’s best to just work a few more hours if you need/want money that bad.

Just kinda struck me a weird to have a virtual court hearing. We had our first ever virtual congregational annual meeting this morning. First though we had to virtually approve a change in the constitution to allow virtual meetings. It was recommended that at the first real physical meeting, we re-affirm the change in the constitution. Life goes on-not for the faint of heart.

If you lived in NY your own insurance company would pay your medical bill and anyone riding in your car under the stares no fault law. No fault has nothing to do with damage to your car orn property damage and it will not raise your rates. You can sue for medical only after you exhaust your no fault, $50,000 inmy case.

1 Like

He looks like a grinning moron.

1 Like

He was clearly not taking things seriously at the time of his booking, but once he is hit with the reality of NJ’s very harsh sentencing guidelines for insurance fraud, I suspect that his moronic grin will disappear.

I don’t think that a fine (that he’ll never pay) or a few days in the can will bother him one bit. The way to deal with someone like this is to knock his teeth down his throat.

3 Likes

If you re-read the article, you will see that he could be sentenced to a prison term of as long as 5 years, so I really doubt if he will get just “a few days in the can”.

As to…

… that, or worse, could happen while being imprisoned for a few years.

1 Like

This is nothing new. Been going on for decades. Defendant is in prison and they just set up a video conference from the prison to the court room. Or the defendant is in the hospital.

… and now, because of the pandemic, it is pretty much the norm.

As opposed to a moron who is NOT grinning . . . ?!

:laughing:

1 Like

I like your idea of justice :smiley:

One time, while backing my '98 Civic out of the driveway, I managed to drag my right front fender against the front tire of my mother’s '02 Sienna. The tire was sticking out because it was turned to the side, and the sheet metal on my fender was bent as if it had hit something solid, but it probably hit both the rubber tire and the steel rim, which bent my fender.

What you think happened is totally plausible.

What is the year, make, and model of the car in question? If it’s old enough that there is visible rust, they may have a point.