Ford ZX2 Left Turn Noise

Every time I turn left-no matter how sharp the turn is-there is this loud noise that I can only describe as a “womp womp womp” noise. It sounds like the noise a metal pizza pan makes before it lands on the ground, when it’s rotating on an angle. And I was just wondering if anyone had an idea to what it might be or how to better explain it so the mechanics don’t look at me like I’m insane.

The first thing to try is moving the front tires to the rear to see if the noise goes away. If it does, one of tires probably has a belt seperation within the tire. If the noise doesn’t go away, then the problem might be with one of the front wheel bearings.

Tester

I just had 4 new tires put on. I had a belt seperation and it was making my steering wheel move side to side. They just looked at the wheels to see what was making the steering wheel move.

You can get a bad brand new tire.

Tester

It is worth investigating the new tires. It is also worth investigating the wheel bearings as well as all other front end components (start with the lug nuts). Perhaps you have a problem in the front end that was thought to be belt separation (thus the new tires) but really wasn’t.