Ford Focus Overdrive Flashing Orange?

Recently my 2007 Ford Focus had its service engine light come up. In addition, a couple times the overdrive light has flashed orange, during which time the overdrive is not engaging for the car. Everything else with the car seems normal, just no overdrive. I imagine the problem is electronic, but does anyone have an idea as to what might be at fault?

Thanks!

According to your owner’s manual (you might want to read it some time) a flashing overdrive light indicates a fault with the transmission. You should get it checked as soon as possible to avoid compounding whatever problem exists. The check engine light may be related to the same or a different problem. Many chain auto parts stores will connect a scanner to your computer and tell you what the trouble codes are. If you post them here, someone may be able to tell you what they are. But the code is only a clue to what the real problem is.

Frequently, transmission codes are a separate item, not part of the OBD-2 trouble code system…A visit to the dealer might be in order…

If the overdrive light is flashing, get your car to either the dealer or an independent transmission shop ASAP. This is an indicator that something is not right in the transmission and if you act promptly, you may be able to prevent major damage.

Thanks for the tips guys! I will be due in to the Ford dealership to check this out, but just thought I’d throw it out just in case anyone has faced similar problems.