Flushed oil system

That 10k on an engine is way optimistic. Depending upon model and engine, used engines on eBay are easily bringing 20 grand and up.
One complete turbo engine with very low miles is being offered for 59k dollars. None of that includes labor, fluids, and so on.

Assuming this post is legit there’s no way in the world warranty should be considered for even one nano-second. Any warranty should be covered by the person or persons whodunnit.

I wonder what the entity financing this car would have to say about it assuming it was not a cash in full purchase…

This one just boggles my mind.

@kiefer.waight, please tell us exactly what you did and what you used. Is there a chance you drained the oil and put radiator flush and water in?

A shop – trying to be super-diligent b/c of an expensive car say – might pre-fill the oil filter. The idea being that when the engine first starts up after the oil and filter change, there’s oil ready to go. No brief interval of no oil while the filter charges. The problem is when you pre-fill a filter like that, that oil goes straight to the engine bearings without being filtered first.

My vote is that we have a troll.

One thing that might steer me away from this being a troll is that the OP used their actual name apparently.
They’re listed on LinkedIn and apparently a technical and resource consultant of sorts.

Based on the profile trend (and I could be wrong) m assumption is they have zero or close to it mechanical acumen and may have taken this BS advice from someone either in the same company or same field. Meaning the one they took the advice from is way less than clueless.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall and hear what goes on between the Porsche owner and the buffoon who doled out this horrific advice. May turn into one of those Roy D. Mercer 55 gallon drum of Whoop-Axx things…

I don’t know what to say. The Acura dealer had a new owner dinner and class to go over maintenance and features. You’d think that Porsche would at least cover the basics when they sell a car like that. It would be interesting to hear what the dealer has to say when they tear the engine down.

I guess you filter the oil before you pour it in. I really doubt there is much in the way of particulates in brand new oil?

2 Likes

You only need to filter dirty oil. There is nothing better for engine bearings then fresh clean oil.

3 Likes

I normally give new posters a “leap of faith”. I’m afraid this one would require a “moon shot”! The distilled water and 10 liters of “oil” momentarily made me consider a coolant flush was being confused with an oil flush. My 2 huge “red flags” are (1) Why would anyone consider either flush for a new car of any brand? (2) Why would anyone consider either flush being performed by anyone other than a certified well experienced Porsche mechanic for their very expensive new car? I have to vote TROLL! I recall a couple of neighbors in the late 1950s, early 1960s who insisted on pouring a can of Bardahl in the crankcase and running the engine a few minutes before draining it. They swore it doubled the life of the engine which ran much smoother, while increasing power and fuel mileage. I’m thinking Bardahl had a very effective advertising campaign.

1 Like

Yeah, but trolls are so much fun!

1 Like

Yes they are if you can keep them digging until they can’t find a way out. This one seems to have left the building.