Fix for the 2015 Subaru Forester "jack rabbit start" accelerator

Is there an aftermarket fix for the “jack rabbit start” accelerator on my Subaru Forester. It is dangerous to parallel park because I do not know how far the car is going to go when I touch the accelerator. Thanks.

I have the same year and model, and have no problem as you describe. Take it to a good mechanic.

Why would you want an aftermarket fix? just get it repaired.

Maybe the problem is that the throttle body should be cleaned due to a sticking throttle plate.

2 Likes

I’ve mostly recalibrated my right foot to avoid the jack rabbit starts with my 2015 Forester. I’t did take some practice but I’ve found that just a little pressure on the pedal is enough to start moving. Makes driving in traffic and parallel parking a snap.

Do you have to switch between cars? I have some of that problem when I drive my wife’s car, the throttle is more sensitive. But after a while I adjust.

The jack rabbit starts dangerous because when it happens it is NOT ALWAYS a sudden start, it’s random.Parallel parking is most hazardous when trying to inch forward or backward in a tight space.

It’s a time bomb waiting to injure your car or somebody else’s.

It also invitng unintended acceleration from suddnly appying the brake in such tight quarters. When that happens, you risk a portion of your foot hitting the accelerator as well.

Jack Rabbit Starts are dangerous and unacceptable.

There are some times having the left foot on the brake and the right foot on the gas simultaneously can help.

Has it always been like this since new, or since you bought it used?
If not, might be throttle position sensor (TPS) ??