Blogs Car Info Our Show Deals Mechanics Files Vehicle Donation

Fender bender

I just ran my 60-day old Accord into a garage post. In addition to taking some of the garage paint with me, I see that the post has put a small crack in the plastic rear bumper. Is there any way to repair it without replacing the whole bumper?

If you are lucky you may find a shop that can/will repair a crack in the plastic cover. A lot of it has to do the size and location of the crack. Plastic welders are out there but are not used much. A product called Lord Fuser is good for this. It does not matter if you go to your dealer body shop or an independent shop as long as they are honest and do quality work.

Thanks. I’ll try it.