Factory Navigation

I have a 250 MB cap. But I have a Garmin also so no problem.

I use T-Mobile and they allow 10GB a month high speed and unlimited slow speed data. Right now they have deals at $40 a month, including taxes and everything. It includes data in Canada, US, Mexico, Europe, and a lot more places. Because we have a “Friends and Family” deal it comes out even cheaper per line.

I have a relative who insists on driving a brand new, fancy, fully loaded luxury car every few years. She loves having the fancy gadgets and built in navigation
 but never wants to pay the money to update the maps. I ask why even have the nav system if you’re not going to update it, but anyway

A while back we were driving in a major city. Relative was with me. I had my iPhone mounted on my dash, using it for directions. Relative kept trying to tell me “better” or “faster” ways to get around the city. I continued using the iPhone mapping directions, as I knew they were better (updated constantly for traffic, etc.). Come to find out my relative had no idea that the smartphone mapping used the internet and was constantly updated for traffic, construction, etc. She just assumed the mapping data, even on a phone, was “static”
like on her factory nav system she won’t pay to update.

All that to say
 I save my money and have a “boring” car dashboard while using my smartphone for directions. Your results may vary.

Resale. Some people won’t even look at the car if it doesn’t have a nav system.

I didn’t want built in navigation on my new Accord. It has Apple Car Play, I have an iPhone, and I didn’t see the need for duplication. I don’t need directions daily, but it’s useful to see highway backups using Apple Maps. It’s a bit slow, though. We also have a standalone Garmin with lifetime maps that my wife uses.