F-150s are piled high and waiting

Ford F-150s are currently being heavily advertised on local television and I checked and found 50 new trucks within 50 miles of me here in North Mississippi. I was amazed. I thought there was a shortage of popular vehicles at dealerships.

Ford Secures Chips to Finally Finish Thousands of Incomplete F-150 Pickups (thedrive.com)

1 Like

I notice the Ford dealership now has more vehicles on their lot. Even, what appears to me, new Mustangs.

1 Like

I think Ford makes more on pickups than any other vehicle. It makes sense that they would build them and not lower profit vehicles.

@Rod-Knox The last time I cruised dealership lots after hours (just looking with no real intention to talk to a salesman, let alone buy anything), there were exactly zero new half ton trucks on the local Ford and GM lots. Iā€™ve noticed inventory has increased some, but it doesnā€™t appear to be near what was considered ā€œnormalā€ levels. Admittedly, I havenā€™t been paying a ton of attention lately. Iā€™m not interested until they start allowing $10-12k off msrp againā€¦so maybe never again!

There are more than the handful the local dealers had a few months ago but except for the big volume Seattle dealers youā€™re still seeing maybe 2,000 off. The Chevy dealerā€™s been parking Tundraā€™s and F150ā€™s on the front row of their lots to make it look full.

Those F150s and Tundras must belong to the Chevy dealer employeesšŸ¤Ŗ

1 Like

I didnā€™t see if they were Fords or not but saw a transport yesterday with a bunch of trucks on it heading south. They were all white though so may have been corporate trucks.

Article in todayā€™s paper about the new vehicle shortage. Inventories are 77% below where they were two years ago, and many are sold before they get to the lot. Not good.

1 Like

Like I said getting my Acura serviced at the dealer, they had a few in the show room but said they were having trouble with deliveries. But holy cow the one they had in the show room was $20,000 more than what we paid. I think Iā€™m being priced out.

A couple months ago a guy at a gas station said he wanted to buy my early 70ā€™s truck. Said heā€™d give me his 92 F150 and $15K.

I had to get rid of mine after 20 years, rust so bad it would turn 2 different directions going around a turn,

Were you tempted? ā€œGive me $20k and keep the ā€˜92!ā€

70ā€™s era 4wdā€™s are pretty rare, though. For all of the same reasons any old vehicle gets rareā€¦plus the fact that trucks, especially 4wdā€™s, usually get used and abused.

no, thatā€™s not gonna work for me

1 Like