Extremely dissatisfied with new 2014 Honda Civic

I do feel for you. I think it’s a shame that you’re in this situation, and I’d be upset and frustrated if I were in it myself.

But my sympathy for your plight does not extend to justifying unfairly maligning the dealership, which did nothing wrong. Standing outside the dealership with a sign trying to make them lose business because they expected you to abide by the contract that you voluntarily signed is not OK.

The correct approach to this issue is “I screwed up. What’s the best way to fix it for minimal cost?” It’s not “I screwed up. Now help me screw the dealership so I can get out of it.”

4 Likes

???
Ummmm… okay…
:thinking:

1 Like

Why not combine the two and create your eternal dream job? Isn’t there someone that you think needs to be persecuted forever? You could be the one to inflict the agony. Imagine: Tribulations by Triedaq.

She could likely trade it in for a similar vintage Dodge Caravan, and maybe see a few extra dollars in her purse to pay for the he additional fuel requirements. That would be a totally different ride that could prove more satisfying to her.

I am trying very hard to be understanding and nice. OP purchased a used car from a dealership. Was it a Honda dealership or used car dealer? Used cars are typically sold “As is/where is”. No warranty expressed or implied. Tires and tire pressure is a major factor in a “harsh ride” which is of course depending on the driver’s interpretation. What is the wheel/tire size and air pressure? Has the Civic which is regularly modified by ignorant owners with hard riding suspensions? OP has not disclosed this information.

1 Like

Why, did you see her last post .

OliviaVerde

shadowfax
9d

This one?

If I told you how much I have to live on for the rest of my life,
in Los Angeles, you’d feel for me. $13,500 was more than wanted to
spend. but seemed to what I had, to get a decent used car. I sure
wish I’d had someone to talk me out of this car. :frowning: I have
learned a lesson, but I’m not giving up yet, on returning this
car. Thank you for the feedback.

Please explain.

1 Like

Does that look like a post of someone who really wants advice ? It was a response to VDC and who knows what it means.

1 Like

Yellow flowers commonly evoke feelings of happiness and cheer, which is exactly what they symbolize. The are associated with the sun and as such are often viewed as uplifting especially when included in floral displays. The message does depend of the type of flower and the circumstances, but as a rule, you can count on yellow flowers to carry a positive message.

Except:

Yellow Carnation – Rejection or Disappointment

It must be true. I found it on the internet.

Can I suggest a nice padded seat cushion? Possibly even a gel one.

I reject the notion that we are a Nation of Yellow Cars.
:smirk:

… just trying to keep things… car-related…

And now I’m disappointed. :blush:

This has been a very long thread about not liking the second best compact car on the market. A family 2 houses down have 3 Civics, a Pilot and an Accord.

I recommend one of those seat cushions any one can buy form a car store. They are only $20 or so and are ideal for tender bottoms.

1 Like

A very long and confusing thread. OP does not reveal any information requested. They purchased a vehicle they can’t live with and I suspect they only want confirmation that the seller should take the Civic back and refund their money. I’m about 90% sure the Civic was purchased from a used car “dealership”. Why? A Honda dealership would adjust over inflated tires to the door placard. They would not sell a Civic with aftermarket suspension modifications. They would probably offer to trade for another car following an extended test drive. OP stated the car was scary to drive. That is why I suspect it is not a stock Honda Civic. I don’t recall OP disclosing what their previous car was.

@sgtrock21 I think you are probably correct. I would also bet that the OP made the purchase impulsivity at the spur of the moment.
My parents lived through the depression and no major purchase was made without a lot of research and comparative shopping. I remember when we got our first television when I was growing up. It was 1954 and I was in 8th grade. We put up an antenna and the store brought out demonstrators of a couple different makes before we chose the one that we liked best.

Great Advice Honda Blackbird.

I will def. check with mechanic on possible change in suspension

by prior owners (2), most likely this is what it is. Yes, I know
that young guys do such things to make it more of a ‘fun’ car…for
Them! and I will check out the article you mentioned on the tire
pressure.

Thank you so much. I've gotten so much help from this forum. It's

indeed been a Godsend!

Have great weekend!

Hi Marnet,

Thank you for you comments. They sound good.

Since you wrote, I have decided to work with the car, and try to

make it as comfortable for myself as possible.

I have some tips on making the suspension softer, and I am buying

car seat cushions that I can return if aren’t good.

I've found on set up, that is the best yet. and if I can the

suspension softer, it would make more sense to keep it at this
point. Plus I would lose the 10% taxes and paid, and probably not
get as much for it as I paid. So working on make it better for
myself, enough, so that I can keep it and learn to love it!

Thank you again, and I'll report back when I've done all that I

can, as to whether I’ve been able to adjust the main things (seat
and hard ride). Progress on the seat, we’ll see about suspension.

I may need to take your advice, but hope not! :slight_smile:

OliviaVerde

Hi again,

My response to the dealer, not sure what I wrote.

When I tried to return it..what do you think about this, that the

GM said to me? I had mentioned the driveshaft being changed at 27k
miles (when I later looked again at the carfax, it was actually at
17k miles). He said to me, pretty much verbatim, “these cars need
their driveshaft changed about every 27k miles” (with a straight
face). If that isn’t laughable, and maddening at the same time,
I’m not sure what is. (He used the 27k figure, because I had
misstated what the carfax actually read). He was indeed a creep.
Ok, that doesn’t negate the fact that he didn’t need to take it
back, well, would have, with myself losing $4k

I get your take, it was mostly the delivery I found harsh.

(In face, I am working to make the car workable for me. Seat

cushions, and i got lots of good ideas on here, about how to work
with the harsh ride, and it is fun to drive. So hope to mitigate
my issues, enough that I can ‘grow’ to love it!

Thank you.

OliviaVerde

What about the rear shocks? @CapriRacer mentioned them before. Normally a five year old car wouldn’t need them, but you don’t know how the car was driven by the previous owners. If they drove over speed humps at 30 mph, the shocks would wear out a lot faster. You might have that checked if you haven’t already. If Speed Racer was a previous owner, he may have put stiffer shocks on than stock, and you can check that too.

1 Like