EV federal tax credit

The federal government announced how they will handle tax credits for future sales of EVs. Lots of them don’t qualify anymore and some have reduced tax credits. I know that for the base Tesla Model 3, the battery doesn’t meet US content rules fully since the cells for the LFP batteries are made in China. The Model Y battery including cells in built in Texas and it gets the full $7500 as do the GM EVs. I bought my Model 3 before the end of February and I’ll get the full $7500 assuming I owe more than $7500 in federal taxes. You can see the full list at fueleconomy.gov.

Well just for the record the grant was for self driving electric cars for the big city so not exactly off topic but flag away boys anyway. I can’t be sure any money actually was paid and I won’t be revealing the players as I said before. Just an illustration of the mind set of the general populace.

Buttigieg wants to spend $20 million on female crash dummies.

Where will they find them all?

Good. Europe has been using crash test dummies with female attributes for years. Maybe you don’t know…but females have different anatomy’s then men.

Finally, Someone Came Up with a Decent Female Crash Test Dummy (caranddriver.com)

3 Likes

No problem. Issue a Request for Quote (RFQ) and anyone interested in providing the dummies will respond. NHTSA will review all the offers and decide who wins the contract.

1 Like