Engine stops when slowing down

I have a 2005 Ford F150. The engine soimetimes quits when I slow down to stop for a stop sign or slow down to make a turn. I shift into neutral and it starts up and I am on my way again. This is an intermittent problem. Of course, it has never done this for a mechanic. It will happen 6 or 7 times in one day, and then won’t fail for 2 or 3 days. The Ford dealership has replaced the air flow sensor. Did not help. They now think it is the throttle body that should be replaced. I am reluctant to spend $500 to replace this as they are not getting any codes from the computer telling them it is failing. They are not getting any codes related to this issue at all. Any ideas?

Pull and clean you idle air control valve, and its passages. A sticky/sluggish one will do this.

And IMHO stay away from that dealer. They apparently just want to sell you expensive parts. A new TB is unlikely to do a thing - same with the MAF sensor.

1 Like

Hello there,
Does this solve the problem and I think it should be able to fix the problem, because my garage person told to replace the spark plug and cables.

I don’t know how this helps and I have same problem in daily basis :blush:

Thank you in advance
Sunil Kirangi

The original post was from August 2011, not August 11, 2021.
I doubt you will get a response. Hope you can locate someone with the knowledge you seek.
You might consider starting a new thread. List all the data concerning your truck.
Start with the symptoms you truck has, then:
Year
Engine
Mileage
Fault codes, you can usual have them read for free at auto parts stores
What you have done in attempt to correct the problem.
Usage, I.e. urban, highway, on road, off road, etc.