Engine Dies When I Least Expect It!

We wanted to thank those of you who responded to our question about our '94 Park Avenue dying either while idling or running down the street. We took your suggestions to one of the garages recommended on this site and want to report that it was the crankshaft position sensor and it’s now fixed!!! We appreciate your input and this forum!

Glad it worked out for you. But I have a question: is there ever a time when you DO expect the engine to die (aside from turning it off)?

H-m-m-m, I’m having same problem and will have crankshaft position-sensor checked out, but can’t help wondering if my '88 Full-size Bronco even has such a device!.. After two years, I recently reactivated my A/C with a fresh charge and leak seal, and noticed the last 2 times engine died it was shortly after ideling in stop-go traffic with A/C on. The temp gauge showed some elevation but still well in normal range, nevertheless, could the hot outside temps (in the 90’s) have something to do with it dieing and, if so,other then turning off A/C, is there any other cure??!..Richard