Peculiar Problem

I have a 94 Bonneville, the problem is that going down the interstate sometimes the engine will just die. It usually happens at pretty fast speeds, and I have to coast to the shoulder. The funny thing is that driving around town is no problem, it seems to be worst when it is hot out, and you have been on the road for awhile. When taking a trip, I would drive for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours, then it would die, pull over, let it cool down for 15-20 min, it would be fine for another few hours. It would not do this at nght when it is cooler. Does anyone have any ideas? We have tested the sensor plate under the coil pack, and it is good. We have been told the coil pack or a fuel filter/pump, but I was looking for a few other opinions before making any repairs. Thanks

I hate seeing an unanswered question.

I am not very familiar with the Bonneville, but that sounds an awful lot like a vapor lock. Have you checked your cooling system? Thermostat? etc. I used to have an air cooled VW that did that very same thing.

Sounds like an ignition module problem to me. Next time the car quits check for spark. I bet there is none.
~Michael

I agree. These can become heat sensitive when they get older, and the symptoms are typical of an ignition module problem.