Emergency! Need help with 2000 Blazer that wont start

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer 4WD 4.3L V6 with 127000 mi. Never had any starting problems. Today it will crank strongly, but will not start. I swapped out the fuel pump relay with a known good one and that is not the problem. I am thinking the fuel pump itself has gone bad. Is there anything else I can check or try before I have it towed to the shop? Please help! Thanks.

To see if this is a fuel problem you can spray a small amount of starting fluid into the intake. If the engine fires then you know it is something with the fuel. Perhaps the injector isn’t working for some reason. I assume you have checked for any codes or that the CEL light isn’t lit for additional clues to this. If the engine doesn’t fire using the starter fluid then I would check for a igniton problem.

You should have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code not just their translation into English and post it back here. It likely will have a format like P1234. No CEL light does not mean there are no codes to be read.

If your not hearing the pump, try giving the tank a good whack with your hand.

This little trick has gotten me home a couple of times.

Many moons ago I had to whack the floor board of my MG midget about once a minute while driving to keep the pump going.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I beat the tank with a rubber mallet, no go. Thanks anyway for the response.

Have you tried spraying gasoline on the truck? Seriously though (more seriously, anyway) any no-start has to be pinned down to lack of fuel or spark. You’re so sure that it’s a fuel problem; but, like Cougar asked you, did you spray fuel into the intake? It’s NOT an idle question. DID you check for spark? Another not-idle question.