Editor Badge? To show I editted my own post. That's just dumb

Editor
This badge is granted the first time you edit one of your posts. While you won’t be able to edit your posts forever, editing is always a good idea — you can improve your posts, fix small mistakes, or add anything you missed when you originally posted. Edit to make your posts even better!

What does “While you won’t be able to edit your posts forever,” mean. Especially followed by " editing is always a good idea — you can improve your posts, fix small mistakes, or add anything you missed when you originally posted. Edit to make your posts even better!"

If after a certain amount of time I can’t edit my posts. how can I add things and make it even better?

Huh. Didn’t see that but did manage to edit a post all by myself. I’m a little concerned about any time restraints since sometimes some of us make some whopper errors and need to go back and change or dump the whole comment.

A certain site I use doesn’t allow edits after 24 hours. It’s not uncommon.

Here is a list of other ridiculous badges we have now.
http://community.cartalk.com/badges
First Emoji, First Quote, I mean come on guys. The old system was better. :wink: And there I just got my Emoji badge. BFD.

I frequent a site that doesn’t allow any editing to be done after 90 minutes!

No harm done with all those ‘awards’. Lots of sites do that.