Driver's seat headrest - UGH!

Often, as was the case with my Corolla, the car seems okay during test drives but time in the seat discloses its foibles. We all make mistakes.

Re: the “absolute worst case” scenarios you describe, the only way to totally eliminate all risk is to stay home under the covers. Driving entails an element of risk. I believe the risk entailed by the headrest repositioning described is extremely small. I would not hesitate to turn my headrest around of that made my car usable.

well, it would not be surprising to find out about the issue after weeks or months, but if the probelm is screaming out the night you bring car from the dealer… I’m not sure I would get to this situation in the first place, as it tells that problem was apparent right on the dealer lot… but at that point I would respectfully ask dealer to take a car back and loose processing fee, but would retain my sanity

They can’t. Once ownership is transferred, it can no longer be sold as a new car. It must by law be sold as a used car. No dealer is going to take that kind of a “hit”. Once you sign acceptance of the delivery, there’s no turning back.

If I remember correctly, I lost $2500 on my Corolla by trading it after two months. But I’d do it again. It was truly a health expense.

some dealers in my area advertise they have some short cool-down period, few days, where I assume they are not yet filing a transfer of ownership (?) and you can not exceed certain mileage on the car

Legally it’s called a “right to recision period” wherein you can change your mind. Not all states have this in their statutes. That time between your signing the initial papers and your taking delivery is timed to eat up the right to recision period.

1 Like