Door Weather Seals on 1995 Buick LeSabre

Thinking of this car for a friend. It looks OK except the rear doors leak a lot of water. The big rubber seals around the door are rotted and coming apart. I have not been able to find replacement custom seal for this car anywhere. What do people do? Is there some kind of generic seal that is used in cases like this?

I would check the junkyard first. Sometimes you can find rubber seals in decent shape for very little money. And you know they will fit perfectly. Your second choice should be brand new seals from the dealer but they will be quite pricey. I have never had any luck with “generic” seals on doors.

How pricey?

I would imagine that seals aren’t available from the dealer as they would be considered obsolete and only to be had if a dealer just happened to have some collecting dust in the back room.

Steele Rubber Products may have them but odds are they will be pricy; likely 2-300 a set.

The best option is the salvage or find someone parting a car out on Craigslist, etc. If there’s a pull a part yard in your area they should be cheap there. The one closest to me gets about 5 bucks per door.

You might consider contacting LKQ. They’re a nationwide chain of pull a part yards, deal on eBay, and while I’m not 100% sure I think they may offer a mail order service. Hope that helps.