Door Locking System

I just purchased a 2007 honda accord ex and the doors do not automatically lock when the car is in gear or when you reach a certain speed. One car dealer told me it was a programming problem, then when I brought it in another service person said this feature wasnt included on this model. How could this be and who is right? HELP!

The 07 Accord does not automatically lock the doors. If you want the feature, you can have an alarm system installed that will do it.

Thanks for the response. Just to confirm, when driving the car the doors do not automatically lock? Sorry if I’m asking again, I have a hard time believing it since every car I’ve had since 2000 has this feature and it seems like a no-brainer safety feature to ensure people don’t enter the car while your at a light.

Again, thanks!

The feature might depend on your trim option. Here is a link for the EX-L trim. Notice the bullit point number 9 under the safety list.

http://db.theautochannel.com/db/usedcarbuyersguide/show_car.php?id=20082

I have 2003 Honda Accord V6 and it does not have that feature.

“every car I’ve had since 2000 has this feature and it seems like a no-brainer safety feature to ensure people don’t enter the car while your at a light”

None of my cars, and none of my friend’s cars–all of which are post-2000 MY vehicles–have this feature.

As to preventing people from entering your car “while your (sic) at a light”, there is a manually-operated lock button that you might want to consider using right after you enter the car. If you can remember to fasten your seat belt, and to release the hand brake, surely you can remember to lock the doors manually!

That refers to the seatbelts, not the door locks.

Ha! That’s funny and yes, you’re right! However, if you push the power unlock button to get out you open all doors, so I guess I will be unlocking the driver door manually. Guess I got spoiled.