Does not start

I have a Wangler 97 six ciliders and 4 litres manual. A few days a go, I just parked my car. Next day I tried to start it but it did not. Battery and evrything seems to be OK. My mechanical adviced me to buy the main computer ECU, so I did, but it is still the same. It does not have power runing to the distributor. I do not know what to do, so I ned help please. (sorry if my english is not the best) my first laenguaje is Spanish.

Gustavo.

I tried to start it but it did not. … It does not have power runing to the distributor.

First your English is very good, and far better than my Spanish, which I wish was better.

Could you tell us a little more about it not starting. Exactly what happens when you turn the key? Noting, The sound of the starter … etc.?

BTW knowing you don’t have power to the distributor is a very important clue, you did good to know that much.

Check all of the fuses first. The problem may be in the Automatic Shutdown Relay, which also powers the ignition coil.

If the fuses are good then there is going to have to be a methodical diagnosis done.
It sounds like the mechanic was just throwing out an educated guess rather than spend time tracking the problem.