Does a muffler make my truck sound more aggressive

Loud exhaust pipes mostly say “I’m an incel loser still living with my parents making minimum wage at a flunky job.”

Now i,n NH and MA it’s those obnoxious LED light bars. These put out 20-30 times more light then even Xeon headlights. Just another way these losers need to be seen. One loser I saw recently had 5 mounted on his F-150 pickup. All lights were on during broad daylight. He was traveling south and I was traveling north on the same road. It was extremely blinding.

I see a lot of Jeep and “off road equipped” vehicles around here that are strangely…clean. Like they’ve never been taken off the pavement. Hmm.

I also see a lot of LED light bars that are never “on” either. Almost makes one think it’s only for image or something…

My only experience with an aftermarket exhaust, when I was a lot younger, was very brief. Lasted maybe a week before I had to scramble and get a standard muffler put back on. That constant drone gets old quick.

The totally non-stock 1961 Ford Econoline pickup I owned had a mid engine 1965 Corvette 327/350. The headers had what were called exhaust dumps ahead of the mufflers. Opening them was known as un-corking the exhaust. Being a curious 18 year old I drove out to the middle of nowhere. I walked around for 30 minutes to let the exhaust cool down then un-corked them. Ouch! It was so loud it actually hurt my ears. I shut it down after about 1/2 mile. When I closed the throttle to pull over and park it resulted in an explosion similar to a M-80 firecracker (military artillery simulator) in a small enclosed space! With my curiosity more than satisfied I never opened them again. I was somewhat confused as I had previously and later experienced very loud exhaust noise without the pain. Much later undergoing military and OSHA noise abatement training I learned that excessive exposure to high decibels can cause hearing loss. Exposure to high decibels at certain frequencies can cause pain.

I’ve got hearing loss AND tinnitus

If I could talk to my younger self, I would advise him to take more precautions

But it is what it is . . .

if the tinnitus doesn’t get worse, I can deal with it. And I believe the hearing loss is not . . . yet . . . severe enough warrant hearing aids

There have been several studies proving that. People who live in the jungles of South America and Africa have almost zero hearing loss at 70. The average person living in an industrialized country has significant more hearing loss. Young kids today are going deaf at much early years because of the excessive use of ear-buds.

If you want it to be louder don’t put a muffler on it I had a 97f250 and it was loud with a muffler but it broke off one day and it was much louder I just cleaned up where it broke off and it was nothing after my cat and it was loud I put a flow master on one day to see what it would sound like and it was really quiet so if you want loud leave it how it is