Dodge Durango whistle sound

dodge
durango

I have a 2014 Dodge Durango that also whistles/makes odd noises on the passenger side when the air is on. I believe it is the blower motor fan but curious if anyone else has had this issue and what the costs could be? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes blower systems do this… It is usually caused by debris in the vent system making the airflow move in just that certain way…or a small leak in the vent or squirrel cage blower box and or the actual squirrel cage itself. I would start by removing the blower motor and cleaning the squirrel cage as well as the box it mounts into… That often clears this up…

When air conditioners develop a refrigerant leak, especially a serious one, they can start to produce a hissing noise. Duct leaks. “Whistleeee.” When your ductwork has cracks and openings, the air that’s blowing through them can escape and produce a whistling noise on its way out.

If your car is equipped with a cabin air filter,replace it.These filters start to be noisy when filled with dead leaves,twigs etc.