Dodge demon

I’m a horsepower freak and suffer from arrested development so I’m salivating over a Demon.

And wait til someone starts tweaking with the tuning and adding Nitrous…Ouch. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it hurts when they blow up!!

1 Like

I’m with you. I doubt many people will buy one as a daily driver. A rich person’s toy is more likely scenario. I already have cars that I am reluctant to drive if there is any chance of even damp pavement. Too much horsepower and hard to keep it in check…

Yeah,but they drive on the left. I think that has more to do with the vehicles they drive than anything else.

The upcoming Tesla Roadster is said to do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, the 1/4 mile in 8.8 seconds with a top speed in excess of 250 mph. The cost is rumored to be around $250,000.00. The range (assuming “normal” driving) is said to be 620 miles.

I don’t think the roads in the Serengeti and the Australian Outback have lanes… :thinking:

Delete me, somehow posting to another thread ended up here.
User error replace user and coninue. (:weary:

I wonder what the formula is for road damage caused by the car’s drive wheels during rapid acceleration? It must involve both acceleration and weight parameters, but in what proportion and exponents? How would the new Tesla roadster compare to a Demon for example in damage to the road surface accelerating as fast as they are capable from a stoplight, being the Tesla is probably faster of the two, but lighter in weight.

Not all roads are single lane, in paved paths through the wilderness.

The surface of the local race track that I attend on Saturday nights has not been repaved in the last 20 years. They put up to 28 cars on the track for a race with up to 600 HP each. I don’t think an individual street car is going to wear out the road.

And all of the vehicles referenced are mass-produced in both left and right hand drives to sell in those countries. I contend that the reasons that select makes/models are more commonplace in remote areas of the world are other than the side of the road the indigenous people use.

Maybe those race cars are fairly light weight compared to street cars. Here’s a study of weight vs road damage. I haven’t been able to find a study for road wear vs engine HP, but my current theory is the formula is

relative road wear = weight ^ 4 * HP , so weight may be the more important factor than engine power. There’s a lot of Teslas on one particular road where I notice this effect, and Teslas tend to be pretty heavy. So maybe it is the Tesla’s weight that’s doing it. No, it’s not trucks, no large trucks allowed on that road.

Vehicle , Weight , Relative Road Damage
Hummer H2 8,600 21.3675
Chevy Tahoe 5,500 3.5745
Toyota Highlander 4,250 1.2744
Average Car 4,000 1.000
RAV 4 3,550 0.6204
Prius 3,050 0.3380
Smart Car 1,800 0.0410

I would guess the Tesla would be significantly easier on roads than the Demon as it will be AWD.

If I was single and rich, I might buy a Demon. I’ve never had the problem of having too much power. I’d drive it normally 99% of the time. But that power would be fun on a straight stretch of road with no traffic. I’d obey the speed limit, but I’d reach it fast lol. Heck, with all of the safety features, ABS, traction control, etc on cars these days, I bet a normal teenage boy would survive longer in a Demon than the 79 CJ5 I used as a daily driver in college.

But I’m not single or rich, so I’ll have to pass as well.