Dodge dakota starts when it wants to

my 1993 dakota starts great, has 260,000 miles. Then it suddenly won’t start. I’ve changed rotor and all related to the spark. Then it ran great again for several weeks and one morning it won’t start. It trys to start but it don’t catch.

Which engine? It makes a difference in the specifics of fixing the problem. Some generals considerations:

1. Is the engine cranking at its usual speed? If not, start by charging the battery or getting a jump to see if it will start.

2. Do you notice a gasoline smell when you try to start it? Is there pressure at the fuel rail(s)?

3. Is there spark? This can be checked using an extra spark plug with the metal body grounded to the engine block. Crank the engine and have someone look for spark between the electrodes.

The engine is a 6 cycl.  The cranking is very strong and powerful but just don't seem to fire.  Yes I do smell some gas.  Actually I ended up putting some gas in the carb and letting it set for 1 hour and went out and it started right up.  Usually this means I can expect to go several weeks before it happens again.
 Is there pressure at the fuel rail(s)? I don't know what you mean?

Yes there is spark, I checked. The coil has beed replaced and the rotor and cap and the sensor at the rotor cap also.
Could it be fuel filter?
EVEN THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED THE TRUCK STARTED RIGHT OFF THE BAT, I BACKED UP TO THE FRONT DOOR, WENT IN TO GET MY STUFF FOR WORK, CAME BACK OUT AND IT WOULDN’T START. REAL STRONG POWERFUL TRY, BUT NO FIRE. POURED GAS INTO CARB, WAITED AND THEN IT FIRED.

behind the fuse box along the left fender rail under the hood inside the large wire harness is a factory crimp that connects 3 large wires this crimp can degrade and you will loose voltage to the fuel pump diconnect the battery cut the harness open and check make sure you clean all corrosion off wires before you re-crimp ive seen unclean recrimps that dont work

i’ll try it thanks