Dodge Colt Vista starter

I’ve been having to use the broomstick and hammer trick to get the starter to engage in my 1991 Dodge Colt Vista. It appears that when they built the Vista, the starter was the second part after the heater core to be assembled (e.g., it in the middle of everything - under the intake manifold, above the exhaust pipe, behind the engine and in front of, the firewall. What is the best way to access, remove and replace it?

The Best Way Is To Follow Instructions In Your Colt Vista Specific Shop Manual That Is Purchased To Do Things Like Change Starters.

1.5L, 1.6L, or 1.8L engine ? Is a Colt and Colt Wagon Mechanically similar To A Vista ? Is This car similar to an Isuzu, Toyota, or Asian Brand ?

The only info I’m seeing says to disconnect the negative battery cable, remove the air cleaner assembly and starter wires. Remove the intake-manifold-to-engine support bracket, and remove the 2 bolts holding the starter, and the starter.

Does that sound about right ?

CSA

A Dodge Colt is really a Mitsubishi Lancer. There are still books available on overhauling these cars.

Coincidentally, my brother had one of these here and my sister in Europe had the same car, but it was a Mitsubishi.

Chrysler only made cosmetic changes.