Do you wear driving gloves

http://www.besportier.com/archives/steve-mcqueen-persol-sunglasses-1.jpg.jpg

Go from a cold house to a cold vehicle, I wear gloves to be warmer.
Otherwise, not.

In Iraq and Alaska; in Iraq because the steering wheel was too hot, in Alaska because the steering wheel was too cold. Most of the rest of the time, I don’t.

Street driving does not require driving gloves.
So you don’t think properly designed driving gloves will increase your control in an evasive maneuver?

No one needs them in the family Impala or Voyager
No one has ever lost control of an Impala or Voyager?

Most deaths are caused by head injurys, which is way we wear seat-belts and the inside of cars are padded like the inside of helmets. The gloves are to give a driver the edge in “evasive maneuverability.” The safest collision is the one that you see receding in your rear view mirror as you speed away.

Street cars do not usually burst into flame like cars on TV shows, so the heavily padded Nomex gloves, fire retardent suits and helmets used in racing would not help you avoid injury on the road. Safety equipment like proper driving gloves for road cars, is to help you avoid crashes, its not about surviving through a shunt like a helmet.

That is why they have fingerless gloves.

Almost never while driving a car unless it’s really cold.

I always wear gloves when I ride a motorcycle, I consider them essential safety gear along with a helmet.

They reached the pinnacle of design for comfort, safety, and car control, when sports car and competition drivers developed gloves for use in long distance road racing events like Lemans.