Disabled-looking for donated car or cheap one

Hi…I am on disability and my car was recently reposessed as I couldn’t afford the payments since I had to stop working. Anyone know of any charities that might donate? Thanks…

Where do you live? What is the nature of your disability?

Depends on your state. In Maryland, there is an outfit called “Vehicles For Change” which does what you describe.

I live in middlessex cty ma…just polar disorder but I can drive …

Contact the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission. Asked to be hooked up with the Good News Garage refurbished car program. They should assist you in filling out an application and required evaluation.

Do a search on Good News Garage car donation and you will find the proper website and you can read about the refurbished car program.

In Minneapolis there is an outfit that takes donated cars and uses them for training and provides them to people of need. Also the Disabled Vets take donated cars and do whatever they can with them. Might be worth a call the the DAV in your area.

All the big charities accept donated cars and they get many of them…They keep the best for themselves and junk the rest but maybe you could talk them out of one…Think Salvation Army, Goodwill, Veterans… Give them a call…