Directionals

I have an '02 Olds Alero and it appears when the weather is humid or very hot, the directional doesn’t work in either direction. I’ve had it looked at by a GM dealership and also a local Firestone and they can’t find out what’s wrong. This has been going on for a year. Any solutions? Thanks

did you check your fuses

That sounds like an electrical connection to me. There are a limited number of places this could be. Without a better knowledge of your specific car, I can only suggest: The fuse (that is the connections to the fuese), the switch or the clockspring. If I had to make a choice, it would be the clockspring. Too bad that is the one that would likely be the most expensive. The others would be cheap.

After checking some data it looks like the turn signals run through a module for the hazard lights. There is a pink wire running to it from the fuse panel to supply power for the turn signals. I would check that wire at the module when the trouble occurs and make sure power is getting to the module on it. If that is good then I suggest try replacing the module. The module is most likely under the dash area.