Did 2006 Chevrolet Equinox tire size cause wheel bearing issues?

I own a 2006 Equinox, All Wheel Drive. The recommendation tire size is P235/60 R17. We bought it used in 2015, and it came with P235/55 R17. For the past 3 years, I have replaced 2 driver side wheel bearings and 3 passenger side wheel bearings. I have gotten 2 new front tires, 2 new front struts, and a front end alignment. This has not resolved the wheel bearing issue. Is having the incorrect tire size the culprit?

I really doubt going from a 60 to a 55 aspect ration would do that. If the rims are aftermarket they might have the wrong offset. As far as the hearings, are you using OEM?
Reminder: with AWD all four tires must be identical, with identical wear, therefore require rotation each oil change.

I know someone who has done 12 wheel bearings on theirs. I have only done 1 wheel twice on our group.

No, but aftermarket rims could be if you have those.

1 Like

The hub bolt was probably over torqued by some lazy mechanic using air tools instead of a torque wrench.Improper installation is the #1 cause of failing bearings.

1 Like

If the wheels move the center of the tire outward from the designed location to the hub bearing the bearing will be significantly stressed.

I thought the same, however, I have used two different mechanics. The first one I have been going to for 20 years, the second one, a friend of mine that has owned his own shop for over 20 years. In all honesty, I do not think incorrect torque is the issue here, based on the number of bearings, and the use of two highly reputable mechanics.