Diagnostic trouble codes

what is p1504 and p0500 codes and what do I have to replace

P1504 Idle Air Solenoid Intermittent…

P0500 Speed sensor malfunction…

Before you start replacing expensive parts, check all the wiring connections to these parts and reset the CEL and see if it stays off…

Does your truck drive OK?? No drivability issues?

Replace the idle air control solenoid circuit, and the vehicle speed sensor malfunction. That is what the codes interpret to.

This is not like you hellokit, what is up?

my truck will start and idle but when I press accellerator it cuts out looses rpm for a couple seconds then revs up for a couple seconds and keeps repeating high then low rpms with my pedal to the floor then when I let off the gas it usually dies but starts rite back up and does the same thing. thanks for any help you can give me 2 months ago it started with a p0122 problem replaced that and now it 1 thing after another with those codes Took truck to mechanic he said I need to find somebody with ford computer capabilty to manipulate my codes to send proper signal to my injectors ford dealer wants to replace it for 1000.00 can’t afford that .Is the latter possible?

my truck will start and idle but when I press accellerator it cuts out looses rpm for a couple seconds then revs up for a couple seconds and keeps repeating high then low rpms with my pedal to the floor then when I let off the gas it usually dies but starts rite back up and does the same thing. thanks for any help you can give me 2 months ago it started with a p0122 problem replaced that and now it 1 thing after another with those codes Took truck to mechanic he said I need to find somebody with ford computer capabilty to manipulate my codes to send proper signal to my injectors ford dealer wants to replace it for 1000.00 can’t afford that .Is the latter possible?
Updated: 02/16/2010 01:12:22 AM

Most of the time (like 99%), the engine computer sends control signals to the control valves (etc.) which are in its response to information it gets from the sensors. So, you need a mechanic who understands the sensors and control valves, AND knows how to check them out. The information, on how to check the sensors and control valves, isn’t hidden–it’s in the repair manuals, like Haynes, and Chilton’s, and others.
A mechanic needs to check the responses of the idle air control valve (iacv), throttle position sensor (tps), MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor, vehicle speed sensor (vss), and possibly others.

I believe hellokit was being sarcastic - “replace the iac solenoid circuit” and “speed sensor malfunction”…

…as if it makes sense to replace a circuit and a malfunction. I believe the goal was to change the OPs idea of what the codes can an cannot tell you.