Dead battery? Ford will send a drone to jump start

Wait - The drones might be able to open the hood?

What could possibly go wrong with that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@LoudThunder already started a post/Topic abut this…

Yeah you get a whole 10 minute charge . Wait till these drones start crashing into peoples houses !!!

1 Like

I saw a vdo on the news over the weekend, drone was flying 3 feet above street level as part of drone-test, annoying a pedestrian, who first warned it to get out of his way, then knocked it to the ground , shattering on impact. Drone owners complained to police. The unusual thing about this confrontation was the pedestrian’s concern. It wasn’t about his safety, what with the drone flying chest high down the middle of the street. Pedestrian’s fear was the drone was going to steal his identity, hack into his bank account.

This is going to get nasty real quickly, but a Drone, even a toy Drone, is classified as an Unmanned Aircraft System; therefore, drones are classified the same as Manned Aircraft and bound to the same laws

The Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and Federal Law says (18 USC, Sec 32…) says any obstructing of any aircraft can be escalated to a Federal Crime. Such as destroying, damaging, or interfering with a drone is classified as a federal crime.

However, there are legal ways to stop drones from flying over private property, including filing a legal complaint against the operator.

People have been sent to prison for damaging a drone, such as shooing it out of the sky. At this time, it is usually considered a state crime as the person is usually convicted of unsafe discharging a firearm and the destruction of private property.

But the Federal Government is getting more and more involved. Remember that Drone that disrupted the baseball game, the person got a federal conviction and a fine.

Contrary to popular belief, I can fly my drone over your property and home and you cannot stop me as long as it is not in Controlled Airspace (near an airport, military installation, etc…), but I can be guilty of Peeping if I stop and shoot photos throught your windos (my drone can record in 4K video and shoot 12 Megapixel Photos…), or I might be considered a nuisance, there are civil penalties for that (like playing a stereo too loud…).

But to fly around the neighborhood, even 1-inch off the ground, is perfectly legal in most cases, but in no case can I fly my drone in an unsafe manner that could cause harm to people or property…

But even though I am a FAA licensed Unmanned Aircraft System Pilot which means I can fly a drone in a commercial operation that weighs up to 55-pounds, I probably would also have swatted that drone out of the air under the premise that I was acting in self-defense… Bu t, that has to be based on good faith action, the drone as to be coming at me, not me chasing it down the street.

In the meantime, I fly Safe, and I do not bug my neighbors…

I guess they have changed a few things since 2015ish…
FAA made it very clear to not fly around other people…

Remember these simple safety guidelines when
flying your unmanned aircraft:

• Don’t be careless or reckless with your UAS
  • Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of obstacles
  • Stay away from other aircraft at all times
  • Keep your UAS within your sight
  • Don’t fly near airports, stadiums, or other people
  • Don’t fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Keep away from emergency responders

For more information, visit: www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft

|For U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and certain non-citizen U.S. corporations, this document constitutes a Certificate of Registration. For all others, this document represents a recognition of ownership.

For all holders, for all operations other than as a model aircraft under sec. 336 of Pub. L. 112-95, additional safety authority from FAA and economic authority from DOT may be required.|
|Safety guidelines for flying your unmanned aircraft:

• Fly below 400 feet
  • Never fly near other aircraft
  • Keep your UAS within visual line of sight
  • Keep away from emergency responders * Never fly over stadiums, sports events or groups of people
  • Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Never fly within 5 miles of an airport without first contacting air traffic control and airport authorities|
1 Like

The rules only work when people obey them…

1 Like