Current Forum Glitch: Missing Page Number Links

To the web gurus:
I truely like the new site much, much better than the previsou version. It seems, however, that I’ve lost the page numbers at the bottom of the presentation that allowed me to go to older posts. Am I still learning, or is there a glitch?

You aren’t the only person who has lost your marbles … I mean your page numbers. I’ve lost mine too!

Whoa! They were here just recently…let me get on this. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks. I can live without my marbles, been doing so for some time now, but good Lord not without my page numbers!

PostScript: you guys are tops in my book

While you’re waiting for the return of your page numbers, for now you can use the back-door method: to obtain the second page of the Recent Discussions list, go to community.cartalk.com/discussions/p2 or p3 or p4, etc.

Thanks, Mr MB.

Sincere thanks. Consider my addiction fed.

It looks like you’re doing development on the live site? That’s a Bozo no-no. You should have a development version of this site and once changes have been tested, then you migrate them to the live site. Any change that breaks existing functionality should be rolled back immediately. I suppose it’s too much to hope that there’s someone managing this project?

Free <> Free

You might want to read an old standard- How to win friends and influence people.

Thanks for your input. Immeasurably helpful.

That’s the problem, it isn’t sinking in…

It works !
Que the URL at the top of the screen so that info can be added, ( don’t delete it as though you would want to enter a new one )
Then add /p2 to the end of the existing URL , it will now look like the one in cdaquila’s post .
hit enter and bingo, page two :slight_smile:

All I can say is it’s being worked on. I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

"That’s the problem, it isn’t sinking in… "

Again, thanks for your input. As I said, immeasurably helpful. I really wasn’t able to measure its helpfulness.

My post to which you responded was quite civil.

Why do you feel compelled to pick a “fight” with me? Why can’t you just move on, having made your point? I didn’t adulterate your Wheaties.

Indeed. Calling cdaquila a bozo and hinting that she’s too dumb to have project management in place is the epitome of politeness. What was Twin Turbo thinking? -eyeroll-

Nothing new from Piter, no meaningful contribution, just unneeded, unhelpful criticism.

And here’s a question for cdaquila - might you ‘pin’ a ‘web site problems’ discussion next to ‘Your credentials please’? That way multiple threads will not be created as often when minor bugs surface.

Indeed. Calling cdaquila a bozo and hinting that she’s too dumb to have project management in place is the epitome of politeness. What was Twin Turbo thinking? -eyeroll-

Sigh. Didn’t call her a bozo. Simply referenced the old Bozo the Clown show from the 60s. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080209130239AAmi1yn Didn’t hint that she was dumb. Simply asked if there is a project manager on this project. Carolyn has already stated that she cannot edit static text on the webpages. I assume that involves privileges, not impugning her competence, so I know she’s not the project manager.

And here’s a question for cdaquila - might you ‘pin’ a ‘web site problems’ discussion next to ‘Your credentials please’? That way multiple threads will not be created as often when minor bugs surface.

Now, texases, that right there is a real good suggestion. A bug tracker is the sort of thing a project manager would put in place early on.

Hi, guys. Sorry I’m a little late to these comments today.

texases, I think you have a good idea. For now, MB, I stickied your discussion but I edited your subject line to clarify for anybody who might be skimming the discussion lists.

A few of you have responded to piter’s seemingly harsh tone. I caught the Bozo reference, so I didn’t delete it and chastise him for bruising my moderator ego. Piter can think what he wants. Maybe he’s right, and maybe he’s not. The way I look at it, it doesn’t make the page numbers appear any faster. Now, if Dale Carnegie had written a companion volume about winning friends and troubleshooting tangled scripts, perhaps I’d put it on piter’s reading list…

Anyway, I don’t want to take this too off the subject, but may I make a couple of suggestions because I want to cultivate a friendlier environment? Piter, continue to lighten up on the ad hominem attacks, and be careful with your cultural references. They aren’t always received in the spirit they’re made. To the others, since you’re familiar with piter’s style, I suggest that you not engage with what you suspect is already inflammatory. Use the reporting button if you’re concerned it’s inappropriate, and let it die. Piter, same goes for you. Nobody needs to have all this angry back-and-forth. This is supposed to be a fun place for people to debate stuff on its merits. Would you deal with a similar situation in this way in real life? A lot of people would just ignore or avoid someone they frequently found irritating or offensive.

Am I crazy? Just sayin’.

Carolyn

Hey - I see the page numbers are back. Let me know if you have any other problems, OK?

My “My Discussions” link has not updated since May. Not a big deal, but it makes it easier to check the status of posts I’ve commented on.

Ed B.

When you say My Discussions, do you mean the tab located inside your profile that tracks all discussions you’ve started? Or is it that you’re not getting notifications that there have been posts in threads you’ve bookmarked?