Creaking Noise At Front Of Car

My car is creaking when i step on the gas and brake, about 50% of the time. I know its not the Suspension or brakes. I fear its the Transmission, could it be any thing else? need help with this

How do you know that the noise is not from either the brakes or the suspension of your mystery-vintage Altima? Transmissions rarely emit creaking noises, but both suspensions and brakes can do so.

Have a competent mechanic put the car up on a lift in order to check the condition of the ball joints, tie rod ends, and all suspension bushings. Also, have him pull the wheels in order to assess the condition of the brake pads.

As to the transmission, your best bet for avoiding problems is to make sure that the fluid and filter are changed every 3 yrs or 30k miles (whichever comes first). Have you done that? If not, transmission failure is possible any time after ~90k miles, and is pretty much of a sure thing after 120k miles of no maintenance.

Do You Know The Model-Year Of This Car ? Sometimes It Is Significant When Askng For Help. Also, about how many miles on it ?

Thanks,
CSA