Creaking in the garage

I’ve noticed a creaking sound coming from the rear of my 2012 Honda Odyssey when I’m in the garage, loading & unloading people & stuff. I can recreate it by rocking the wheel/tire back and forth by hand. It’s only the right rear wheel that creaks, but the left rear wheel “sings” when I do this rocking motion. I don’t hear anything when I’m driving (even when it’s quiet & I have the windows open). The rotors are overdue for a resurface, and have been since we bought the van 7 months ago. Could this be part of the problem? Any ideas?

How are you rocking the wheels? on a lift or jacked up? I don’t see how you could rock it if it is on the ground.

Or do you mean you can rock the back of the car up and down and it creaks, which would be the rear struts.

@Closetgearhead
"I’ve noticed a creaking sound coming from the rear of my 2012 Honda Odyssey when I’m in the garage, loading & unloading people & stuff."
"I don’t hear anything when I’m driving (even when it’s quiet & I have the windows open)."

Turn on a radio while unloading groceries. I wouldn’t worry about it.
CSA

I have no idea what the creaking is. But the part about rotors needing resurfacing for 7 months and not doing anything about it is not responsible behavior. The pads are probably due for replacement also.

Likely noise from the strut or rubber bushings back there. Crawl under it and rock it or have someone rock it while you isolate the noise and the truth will be revealed to you.

+1 to Bing’s comment.
If I am interpreting the OP’s post correctly, I think that the problem is likely to be dry bushings.
When the car is (finally) taken in for the needed brake work, have your mechanic take a look at all of the bushings on the rear suspension.

I’m rocking it by pushing the tire while it’s on the ground. I haven’t tried it off the ground yet. I’m taking it up to our mechanic’s shop next weekend to do the brake pads & rotors. I’ll have him look at the bushings too.

Offhand, it sounds like a rubber bushing creak. Sometimes spraying them down with lube can shut them up.

I vote for a bushing too. Here’s drawings of your rear suspension and shock assemblies so you can see where the rubbery bits are. Sort of like a roadmap. Can’t even guess what’s “singing”, but I doubt of it’s related.

Thank you for the schematic! I was going to have to find one to see exactly where the bushings were.

I have used this before and it works great. It was mentioned on the show a few years back.
http://www.amazon.com/Wurth-HHS-2000-Penetrating-Temperature-Lubricant/dp/B0002XRDLE/ref=pd_sxp_redirect