Coupe ID? Familiar?

The rear hatch glass seems familiar. Kinda has an avanti vibe. Tvr?

That is a Jensen Interceptor. British car with a big block Mopar engine.

6 Likes

That’s a Morris Traveler I think (green, behind the fellow in the blue shirt). So I’m presuming this event is a UK car show. I’m thinking the blue car in the foreground is either a Jensen Interceptor or some sort of Vauxhall.

Oops, didn’t mean to steal Nevada’s thunder, just notice his post above. I wouldn’t know anything about it, except that the the Jensen Interceptor has been a big topic in the magazine Practical Classics .

Yes, it is a Jensen. A slightly modified one.

Yep Jensen Interceptor, but this one looks like it has a modern engine probably an LS.

Are you saying a Chrysler 383 isn’t a modern engine? Heck,.that probably makes me antique.

3 Likes

You me and some others on here. :laughing:

1 Like

It could be a 383 - A Chevrolet LS stroker.

I cannot understand why someone would spend money to modify any Chevy engine.

1 Like

power and speed. need more speed scotty!

Interceptor. I know it.

If that comment was in response to mine, Chevrolet stroked a small block 350 for more power. It’s a crate engine directly from them.

I know, but no matter how ya slice it, it’s still Chevy (ugh).

2 Likes

I too am sick of seeing Chevy engines everywhere, but like it or not , you can buy a Chevy V8 cheaper than any other V8 and speed parts for it are cheaper too. Whatever horsepower you want is cheaper to acheive in a Chevy. Most hot rodders are happy to run a Chevy if it saves them thousands of dollars to get say a 450 hp engine.

3 Likes

There’s a company in the UK doing these restomod Jensen’s and a LS3 is standard with a few other engine options.

1 Like

I consider 150 HP to be very powerful, especially when the engine and transmission are tuned to deliver maximum torque at low RPMs. Remember, what makes a car feel fast isn’t the maximum HP available at higher RPMs–it’s the torque available at low RPMs for off-the-line acceleration.

This is why the comparatively low horsepower ratings of 1980’s and 1990’s cars still delivered excellent performance. Nowadays, you get much higher peak HP, but much less torque–especially at low RPMs, when you need to accelerate from a stop.

1 Like

For practically SBCs are easily modified with a plethora of aftermarket parts available.
But me, also in the antique age group, when I see a Bucket T, or other early Ford hot Rod, I want to see a Flathead Ford V8.
On the other hand, when I win the powerball I just might build an early Chevy and put in a SBF.

Me and a couple buddies did that in the early 80’s

56 Ford truck with a Mopar 383
57 Chevy truck with a Ford 390
55 Dodge truck with a Pontiac 400

Because we could.

We hauled scrap cars/hulks back then so coming up with the parts to do it was easy.

We did an 81 Ford truck with a 84 Dodge 318 for the same reason plus we got tired of seeing everyone putting Chevy engines into everything.

While a SBC is the cheapest way to good power, it’s a shame they’d replace the Chrysler 383 in that Interceptor, that was a great thing about it, British design and Chrysler power. I’d have found a new Mopar engine to take its place.

2 Likes