Commuting with tall men on busy highway

I need to lease a compact SUV for commuting to work on a major busy highway with lots of trucks. I think I’ve got the list narrowed down to Subaru Forester, Honda CR-V, Ford Escape, or a Jeep Patriot. This has to fit two tall men, too. Which would you think would be most comfortable and safe.

Me, I’d prefer the Forester, then the CR-V (but check out the visibility in it). I’m no fan of the Patriot, and the Escape’s ok, but not as good as the first two. Do you need/want AWD? If so, the Forester’s #1, if not, maybe a fwd CR-V.

Of these I prefer the CRV for more upright seating comfort for taller people and ease of getting in and out of. It has the best functional leg room of any compact SUV I’ve been in, both front and rear.

The CRV is the roomiest and will also be less expensive to operate than a the Forester. If you were commuting in rural Maine in the winter, by all means get the Forester.

If these men are truly tall, they’re going to be uncomfortable in any of the rear seats in any of these vehicles. You’re likely better off with a midsize or large sedan.