Clutch issue?

Hi,

My car began doing a click sound every time a shift gears (the sound comes under the car, middle area).

Any idea what can cause this sound?

Thank you in advance,

Nancy

“Every time I shift…” More information please. Does the click occur with the movement of the lever? With the release of the clutch after shifting? With the movement of the clutch pedal? When accelerating after the shift? Will it occur with initial movement from stopped?

“Every time I shift…” More information please.
-Does the click occur with the movement of the lever? No

-With the release of the clutch after shifting? Yes

-With the movement of the clutch pedal? No

-When accelerating after the shift? No

-Will it occur with initial movement from stopped? Yes

Thanks

My next move would be to pull the car against an immovable object with a cushion to protect the bumper and while someone repeatedly clutches and releases to “nudge” the immovable object, watch under the hood while listening for the click. Someone familiar with automobiles would be of great help here. A weak motor mount, loose exhaust, etc., could be considered as likely causes. Be very careful. Don’t do more damage or injure anyone. It should not be necessary to rev the engine above idle to accomplish this.

What year Civic?

Does the noise exist when the engine is turned of and you row through the gears?

What year Civic? 2002

Does the noise exist when the engine is turned of and you row through the gears? No

Thanks