Clicking clutch?

I have a 2001 Honda Accord sedan - 5 speed with a limited slip differential. Clutch has about 2000 miles on it. Tranny rebuilt at same time. Whenever clutch is engaged, whether or not the car is in gear, a clicking noise can be heard coming from under the car. When the clutch pedal is depressed, the noise goes away.

Anyone know what might be causing this and/or solutions? Any help will be much appreciated. Thx, Dyer

Correct me if I misunderstand. When the transmission is in neutral and the clutch engaged you hear the click. When the transmission is in gear, clutch engaged, and the car is rolling along, you hear the click. Does the click frequency change with engine speed? Does any gear accentuate the click? Can you get the click with the front wheels elevated; gear box in neutral; and hand turning the wheels?

With the information you have provided, I would suspect some problem in the transmission. Get back to us with more specifics and we can help.

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Haven’t tried elevating the front wheels. Clicking seems about the same speed no matter what the RPM’s are, though it’s hard for me to tell. Anytime the clutch is engaged, the sound occurs - it’s easiest to hear when idling, because of less road noise. If I listen closely while driving, I can still hear it. If I press the pedal slowly, the sound gets faster and becomes higher pitched in tone and sounds more like a squeal. Also, it is getting noticeably louder.