Cloudy gauge cluster lens

Before replacing the lens try polishing it with a slurry of water and baking soda.

I find this interesting. If you blow up the image, some interesting artifacts can be seen. The damage is definitely over the concentric circles and affecting them. I would expect those to be applied to the inside of the lens. Are they? If you run your fingernail over the plastic where they are, can you feel those lines? If not, maybe the damage really is on the inside of the lens…

I cannot feel it from the outside. So I’m convinced the defect is on the inside. But our friend Naveda on here says something like this cannot be felt on the outside. So there is that.

I brought the car to a Lamborghini shop because my friend works there all the guys there looked at the cluster and told me the issue cannot be fixed without replacing the lens.

What that might be is an anti-reflective coating applied to the inside of the instrument cluster bezel.

Tester

1 Like

Is there a way to prevent this from happening again in the future, Tester?

That bezel is inside the cluster over the LED display, it moves to the right when the information screen is selected.

This is what it looks like when the chrome bezel fails to return to the center position.