Clock loses memory

THE CLOCK IN MY XM RADIO LOSES IT’S MEMORY

OVERNIGHT. EACH MORNING WHEN I START THE TRUCK THE CLOCK IS AT 12:00.

GOT ANY IDEAS? THANKS

Year and make of vehicle? Is the radio factory original or aftermarket?

What happens when you park the truck the truck during the day? Does the radio lose clock memory every time the engine is shut off, or just overnight? How about the station presets? Do they get lost, too?

2003 CHEVY PU.FACTORY XM RADIO. IT’S FINE ALL DAY,I CAN TURN IT OFF & ON, ONLY OVERNIGHT PROBLEMS. RADIO RESETS TO AN AM STATION EVERY MORNING.

There should be two power connections for your radio. One powers the radio during normal use and is switched by the ignition switch. Turn the key off and the radio goes off with it. The other connection provides power to keep the radio’s memory alive even if the key is off. Your second power connection has failed. Check fuses. If the 12 volts is present at both connections your problem is internal to the radio.

I agree with JayWB. It’s the constant (unswitched) power circuit or it’s internal. Check the fuses for the radio.

Does your engine crank slowly? Maybe its time to replace the battery. If the voltage drops excessively when cranking, electronic devices can lose their memory.

BTW the time in my Sirius unit is set by the satellite, not manually. I’m surprised your XM unit isn’t the same.

Is the clock right after setting overnight before you turn the key to start? Such as when you just turn the key to the first position, but don’t start the car yet. If so, my guess would be a weak battery or poor connections on one or both of your battery terminals. If the clock has lost its memory before you start the car, I’d agree with what another poster has said–check the fuses. If all the fuses are good, the unit may have an internal problem.