Chevy s10 seat problems

i have a 2000 s10. on the sides of both seats, driver side and passenger side the handle that reclines the seat has broken or wrung off of the bolt or stud or whatever it is that holds it in their .

i have tried to fix it with those epoxysticks but it is not strong enough to hold in place. i have tried advance, murray,and jc whitney no one has the replacement part does anyone have any input or advice

Three suggestions,

1. Try the local salvage yard, look for an S-10 pickup or Blazer for the part (cheapest).

2. A Chevrolet dealer, the list price for the levers is 9 - 12 dollars.

3. This outfit - http://www.gm-car-parts.com/gmautoparts.htm Just put in the year, make and model. Select “Seats and Tracks”, “Front Seat Components”, and “Recline Handle”.

Good luck,

Ed B.

Use the J C Whitney catalog and get new seats. Yours are getting ugly anyway. So are mine but the seat belt is in the seat and they’re about $2,000 if you get both of them.

STOP !!! IT’S NOT THE HANDLE! I have a 99 S10. What you are talking about is a There are weveral off. I actually had this repaired under warrenty-it set back the warrenty compney about $300. They had to replace the entire seat mount. And it broke again in 6 months. Bad design.

But there is hope! There were several people selling a repair kit (complete with new handles) on ebay motors for about $30-$35…for both sides! I bought the set and put them on about 3-4 years ago and have never had any more problems.

STOP !!! IT’S NOT THE HANDLE! I have a 99 S10. What you are talking about is a broken stud on the seat. I actually had this repaired under warrenty-it set back the warrenty compney about $300. They had to replace the entire seat mount. And it broke again in 6 months. Bad design.

But there is hope! There were several people selling a repair kit (complete with new handles) on ebay motors for about $30-$35…for both sides! I bought the set and put them on about 3-4 years ago and have never had any more problems.

Man, how did the origional post get so messed up? Try tis link. It is where I got mine
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-S-10-S10-Blazer-Sonoma-Jimmy-Seat-Repair-Handle_W0QQitemZ130200675999QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130200675999

you are right it is not the handle that is the problem it is the post or stud that is broken but how does this work if all you do is place on a new handle and insert a screw