Check engine light blinking and epc light is on

Since I had a chance to work with a scan tool which one do you guys recommend

I’m having the same issue. i changed the all the spark plugs and the 2 coils that were reporting misfires. when i turn it over i can hear the difference from before, it sounds way better. but when it drives, it still hesitates and rattles when its in drive and around 15 rpm.
man, i’ve changed the valve cover gasket because i found oil on some of the spark plug threads, changed the plugs and those coils but the code reader from autozone still comes back p0300 p0302 p0303 p0304 and p2181
the print out says to check for a faulty vacuum hose but i cant find a decent video to dignose/fix. can someone help?

the p2181 code is for a cooling system problem. Any signs of overheating or underheating? Either could cause the misfires. Suggest to get to the bottom of the cooling system problem first, b/c that might be the cause of all of them.

Yeah check engine is still on I changed the spark plugs and coils for some reason still reading miss fire in cylinder 1 it drives fine but since I work 2 job I haven’t had the time to look at it hope you figure it out and when you do if you don’t mind letting me know thanks

You’re still driving the car after two years of the CEL blinking?
You must be protected by the gods.

It’s impossible for anyone to figure out what’s wrong or how much it’ll cost to fix it without having the fault codes and doing some diagnosis. There are a number of reasons why the #1 cylinder might be misfiring, including but not limited to a bad injector, a bad coil, or even a compression problem with that cylinder. The cost to fix each would be totally different.

OK GUYS, I have the same problem, for about 2 weeks everytime id start my gli in the am, the car would drive fine and then at the first light would start shaking and sligtly idling up and down and after that the car would be fine for the rest of the day. last Saturday, however, I left the house and stopped at a gas station. when I came back out 2 min later, the EPC light was on and CEL was flashing, from previous experience with the EPC light, I turned off the car and started tried again after 3 min, no CEL or EPC light and the car was normal till Sunday morning. started the car, check engine was on and it stayed on till I dropped it off at the dealership yesterday. I got codes P0300, 01, 02, 03, 04. Day two at the dealership, just got a text saying they’re having a vw tech come in tomorrow to take a look at my girl because they can’t come up with anything :sob:

Those are all misfire codes Natalia . Suggest you post this problem your Jetta has as it’s own topic. You’ll get more focussed help that way. Click on “general discussion” above left, then “new topic”, above right.

Thank you, just did:)

1 Like

Not blinking it’s just on if it was blinking I wouldn’t be driving my car like that

And when I put new coils and spark plugs I waited a while and the light didn’t go out so I just drove the car as is still on drives fine only in the winter I have issues because epc light came on and engine light was flashing then when warm stopped so right now I really don’t know what’s wrong with it still drives fine