Changing high pressure line from power steering pump to rack

I’d recommend you secure the manufacturer’s replacement procedure before attempting this job. You will likely need to remove or re-position stuff, some related to the power steering (like the return hose), and some unrelated (like wheels, battery, brake calipers, brake rotors, etc.) If this vehicle is AWD it may be particularly difficult without the service manual procedure steps to follow.

If you don’t have a factory service manual, you might can find this info at your local public library. Or you can get a temporary subscription to the AllData computer data base service for a small fee, which will have it in compact form.

Trying this job without the procedure will be like driving across the USA without any maps. Possible, but more difficult than it needs to be.

Trying this job without the procedure will be like driving across the USA without any maps. Possible, but more difficult than it needs to be.

Who needs a map. I thought that was what the link @Rod Knox posted. Looked like Texas to me.

First thing I thought was to cut that puppy in two, flare the ends and make just one more joint in the thing.

Yosemite

Thanks, everyone!

@GeorgeSanJose, yup, we just ordered the manual–we’ll take a look at it when it gets in, and then, if we can’t fix it on our own, we’ll take it in.

Ummm… The title of the post isabout changing the high pressure line from the power steering.

To the OP, if you have already cut the lines, you can take the nuts off with a six point socket.

If you have the AWD (all wheel drive) model, you need to remove the front propellor shaft.